We understand that you may have more questions than answers. The process to determine if your child has autism is complicated and has several steps. At MAC, we are committed to helping you through each step of the process and answer your questions. We are here for you.
The autism spectrum disorder assessment process is complicated and has several steps. We are committed to helping you and your family. This is a partnership which means we are here to walk you through this process, help you understand and answer your questions. And, your input is an invaluable piece for a successful outcome for your child. So, we are also here to listen to you and learn as much as we can from you.
Tools for assessing autism spectrum disorder
MAC’s team of experienced licensed mental health professionals are capable of providing initial screening and diagnosis of autism and provide on-going assessments and evaluations. Our assessment and diagnostic services are available to current MAC families as well as those who have not yet established a relationship with MAC.
We use the most accurate and respected tools for assessing if a child has autism. Some of the assessments used by MAC include:
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-Second Edition (ADOS-2)
- Behavior Assessment System for Children-Second Edition (BASC-2)
- Child and Adolescent Service Intensity Instrument (CASII)
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS-2)
- Early Childhood Service Intensity Instrument (ECSII)
- Gilliam Autism Rating Scale-Third Edition (GARS-3)
- Social Communication Questionnaire (SCQ)
- Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ)
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales-Fifth Edition (SB5)
- Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales-Second Edition (Vineland-II)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence-Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scales for Children-Fifth Edition (WISC-V)
- Wechsler Nonverbal Scale of Ability (WNV)
We are here for you. We provide answers and will help you decide on the next steps for your child. For more information, please contact us and a MAC team member will be happy to help you navigate or answer your questions about the assessment process.